Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

1 Thessalonians 5:18,"in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (NKJV)
 
Note: My ten year old granddaughter is serving as my editor for this post. She is also "freely" offering her advice and opinion as she looks over my shoulder during this process. I may need to ask her to return to the kitchen and assist her Nonnie in preparing dinner for our family. LOL
 
Today is "Thanksgiving Day", which is somewhat a paradox for a Christian. Shouldn't every day be a day of Thanksgiving for those of us who recognize Christ as our Savior? In reality each day should be a day of Thanksgiving for every human being that walks the face of this earth. The Psalmist David reminded us that every one that has breath should offer our praise to God (Psalm 150).
 
Each of us have been blessed in so many ways but there are times that those blessings are forgotten as we move through the daily challenges of "living." I reminded the New River congregation a few weeks ago that many believers seem to be waiting on something "big" to take place in our lives and then we will offer our thanks to God. But is that the right approach or right decision to make? Only you can answer that question for yourself but my answer is no. I believe that is the wrong approach to take in my attitude of gratitude toward God.
 
I have made my decision based on this following information. As I am waiting for the "big" blessing to arrive I am missing the "load of daily benefits" that God is providing. It is during this time of waiting that I fail to thank God for my family; my friends; my place of employment; the breath that I breathe moment by moment; the food on my table; the home (notice that I did not say house) in which I live; the ability to walk, talk, think, and interact with others; etc. And I have not even attempted to start my "spiritual list" of blessings. Don't be guilty of waiting on the "big" blessing; stop and take a moment to remind yourself of all of the daily benefits that God sends to you each day of your life.
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment