Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankful

I wanted to share a very familiar scripture passage with you today. I believe that God inspired my heart to reflect on these words even though I may think that I know what is contained in this beautiful Psalm of Praise that David shared with us. Meditation and reflection have become a lost art in this day of quick moving tidbits of information. Is it possible that we have become "spiritual skimmers" of the Bible? We glance briefly at its content and quickly move on to our next point of interest failing to fully reflect on the truth that is contained in that particular passage. I ask that you park your heart for a few moments in this passage in Psalm 150 and then reflect on the questions that I present at the conclusion of the passage.
 
Psalm 150:1-6, "Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!"
                                (NKJV)
 
Do I find it easier to praise or offer complaints and rumblings of grumbling?
 
How long has it been since I offered sincere praise to God for the eternal life that He has provided for each of us through Jesus Christ?
 
Do I think of the blessings that He has provided or do I choose to live in the land of "What ifs or what could have been?"
 
Do I still recognize the fact that God loves me with His unconditional love? And do I thank Him for that love or do I just take it for granted?
 
How long has it been since I shouted Hallelujah or Praise the Lord for your "mercy endures forever?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment