Thursday, November 7, 2013

Never Alone

Hebrews 13:5, "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you." (NKJV)

During various posts over the past few weeks I have shared some encouraging words that the Spirit placed in my wife's heart during a time of prayer and meditation. It is a blessing to realize that God is always aware of our conditions, situations, circumstances and events that are taking place in our lives at any given moment. The Bible teaches that He is even aware of our thoughts (both good and bad) and the intents of our heart. I don't know about you but I am still amazed at the awesome presence and power of God. I am also amazed that He is truly interested in me and my journey through life. Those thoughts alone should cause us to lift our voices in praise and adoration to our Great & Mighty King! Is anyone prepared to shout Hallelujah to the Lamb of God who came to this earth on a mission of rescue and redemption?

All of us battle loneliness from time to time. You can even feel lonely in the midst of a crowd (I have been there, done that and even have a T-shirt to prove it). All of us have faced those moments in which we feel forsaken, left out, overlooked, and even ignored by our family, peers and even close friends. But we can rest assured that we are never alone and that God never looses sight of our location. The Spirit placed the following words in Ann's heart and I want to share them with you today. "There will be times in which you will feel alone. You feel this way because that I am invisible to you. You can not see me at those moments of loneliness and despair but realize that my promises are still true. I encourage you to ask me to open your eyes that you might see Me at work in your situation." The Spirit reminded Ann of the encounter that Elisha had with an army that was bent on his destruction. The servant of Elisha was gripped with fear when he saw the city surrounded with horses and chariots. But Elisha calmed the servant and offered this prayer to God. 2 Kings 6:16-17, "16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." (KJV) 

Do you need your "eyes" opened today? Open your heart to God and remember that His promises are TRUE to all generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment