Friday, May 16, 2014

Strength & Comfort of God

I can remember the hands of my Dad when I was a child. I thought they were the largest hands in the world. Their size looked so large when I would place my hand in his hand or when I would measure the size of my hand in comparison with his hands. I noticed that same thought process in our grandson, Luke, as he looked at his Papaw Willingham's hands when he was a young child. It is difficult to imagine the influence of perspective on our lives. Our understanding from a natural perspective is certainly going to change but we always need to keep our eternal perspective of God based on the revelation of His unchanging Word. 

The Bible reveals the ability of God to comfort us with His hands as well as reveal the strength and might of those same hands. I saw those attributes in the hands of my Dad; he could comfort me but he could also use those same hands to work for his family. The same hands that could wipe the tears from my eyes also worked to put food on the table and clothes on my body. I want to share some scriptures with you that will reveal the versatility of the hands of God.

Do we realize that God cares enough about each of us that He desires to hold us in His arms and carry us if it becomes necessary?    

Deuteronomy 32:10-12, In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye,   11 like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch thee, and carries them aloft.   12 The Lord alone led him; no foreign god was with him.” (NIV)   

Psalms 95:7, For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,” (KJV)     

Isaiah 41:10, Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ (NKJ)     

John 10:27-29, My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,  29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.  No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.” (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment