Monday, May 12, 2014

Word of God

There are a lot of conflicting views concerning the best and strongest foundation on which to build our lives. Some people believe that is a safe and correct decision to make if we choose to build our lives based on the opinion of our fellow human beings. Another train of thought may teach that you are safe if you follow the popular trends of society/culture. But to me the real danger of that opinion lies in the fact that those trends are always changing and how confident are you in the people who are setting that trend? Another mindset focuses on the idea that each of us are individuals and we need to make our own personal decision based on our view of right and wrong.

I could discuss each one of these views at length but this post is about declaring that I am thankful that I do not have to rely on the thought process of men or the changing cultural trends of our society. I am placing my hope in the True and Living Word of God that reveals the heart, mind, thoughts and plans of God, our Heavenly Father. God has provided a path of Truth and it is my wonderful opportunity to choose that correct path. I stand amazed at the awesomeness of God after all of these years of walking with Him. I have found the Word of God to be a faithful foundation on which I can build my life and I have no plans to turn away from Him regardless of the pressure that this culture may produce. 

Let me share a few passages of the Bible that will reinforce my stated views.

Psalm 119:89, Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.” (NIV)   

Psalm 119:105, “Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.” (NKJ)   

2 Samuel 22:31, As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment