Friday, July 11, 2014

Do I Truly Believe?

Jeremiah 32:17, “O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!" (NLT)

I was challenged through the content of this scripture passage this morning! Different scenarios came into my mind as I reflected on the times that I have either read this passage or referred to this passage in a sermon or in a conversation with someone who was in need of a miracle. I had even received two new prayer requests this morning that would provide God an opportunity to reveal Himself strong and mighty. Let me also add that those same situations afford me the opportunity to release my faith in agreement with those who are walking through those challenges. Could I truly believe that last sentence of Jeremiah 32:17? Would I truly believe the last sentence of Jeremiah 32:17? Had I previously believed the promise found in Jeremiah 32:17? Say it out loud with me, Nothing is too hard for You (referring to God)!! 

Jeremiah 32:17 is a passage full of hope and promise for the family of God. I quickly moved through the process of reviewing these internal questions. I soon felt the Holy Spirit begin to place what I refer to as the "Spirit of Remembrance" in my heart. Just as quickly as I had used the words "could, would, had I" I began to use the words, "I have seen, God has answered prayers." The remembrance of one miracle after another began to wash away and remove my doubts and fears. It did not take me long to remember many times in my life and in the lives of others in which I had seen the "strong hand and powerful arm" of God revealed. I began to feel faith rise in my heart and my "believe meter" was moving toward the high end of the scale. I then declared to God that "Nothing is to hard for you."

Someone who will read this blog post needs to declare with me "Nothing is too hard for You (referring to God)! Allow the promises of God to override and overthrow any doubts or fears that satan may be placing in your life today. There is a song playing in the background as I am writing these words. The song is the old hymn "How Great Thou Art." Sing that song to God as you make your requests known to Him. He is great and nothing is too hard for Him. 

I look forward to hearing from you as your prayer requests are answered!!

No comments:

Post a Comment