Tuesday, July 22, 2014

You are Not Alone!

Psalm 23:1-4, "The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me."  (NLT)

Today's blog post will focus on a word of encouragement that I received during a time of prayer this morning. I am preparing to share an eulogy at a celebration of life service in a few hours. This man was a member and attender of a previous congregation that I served. As I was praying for this family and today's service I felt God speak a reminder in my heart. That reminder is one of the facts revealed in Psalm 23. The Lord has promised to be near you regardless of the type of valley in in which you are walking today. The size of the valley, the problems of the valley, the trials you are facing in the valley and any of the other challenges which will affect you in the family WILL NOT HINDER the presence of God. I can boldly declare to someone today that YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR VALLEY!!! 

Let us remember and reflect on the prophetic promise concerning Jesus Christ: Matthew 1:22-23, "All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet: 23  “Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’” (Emphasis added) (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment