Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Will I Praise Him?

Psalm 34:1-3, "I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together." (NKJ)

I was awakened earlier this morning with this passage of scripture in and on my mind. There are passages in the Bible that call for a radical response to God even in the midst of the challenges and difficulties of life. I recently read a statement that truly challenged my heart. The minister shared these words in the context of his sermon, "Christianity is more than a decision we make; it is a lifestyle that we choose to live."  

I honestly was intrigued though his choice of words. I believe that I knew that this principle was based on the truth of the Gospel but the written words jumped off the page and began to stir in my heart. This scripture passage this morning brought me back to the challenge of a "Christian lifestyle." Doesn't the thoughts of lifestyle go deeper than our selection of clothes, styles of worship, choices of music, Pentecostal or non-Pentecostal, etc? 

Would living a Christian lifestyle also include the daily application of the scriptures to our lives? Isn't there some scriptures that are easier to apply to our lives than others? I certainly enjoy all of the passages of the Bible that refers to the blessings that God has to offer me but what about those passages that describe what God expects me to offer to Him? Following Christ must be more than just a "lifestyle of convenience and provision." Following Christ demands a willingness to put into practice the principles of the Bible rather than just our select list that only brings His benefits into our lives. 

Jesus died so that we could become disciples and not just spiritual beggars who are looking for a favor or looking for a handout!!

Psalm 34:1, "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment