Monday, August 4, 2014

Personal Reflections

My posts on the blog have been sporadic over the past few weeks for a variety of reasons. I am a person who seeks to model consistency in every area of life. Consistency can cause you to develop some "habits" or daily preferences that can be interfered with or disrupted through an abrupt change in your daily schedule. Those changes in my recent schedule has somewhat interfered with my "spiritual routine" of prayer and then sharing the thoughts that I deem important and pertinent to our walk with Christ. Over the past week my wife has undergone a battery of tests and appointments with Doctors as we have been investigating some health issues that have recently arisen with her. I am not one to disclose a lot of personal issues but this is worth mentioning because we sincerely desire your prayer covering. 

But there is another reason that I have shared these brief details. I shared these to let you know that God uses all types of situations, challenges, decisions, etc. to teach us more about Him and more about ourselves. Let me share a few of these lessons with you. 1) Over the past several days we have seen the love and care of God being lived out through our family, our local church family and our unique set of friends. I have learned that each of us need to be reminded that God actually does care about our cares of life. 2) God has taught me that He uses the wisdom of others to help you navigate through the challenges of life. We have met some awesome Doctors, nurses, technologists, medical support staff, and other individuals who have decided to put their knowledge to use through their service to their fellow human beings. 3) God has taught me that His Word and His Spirit are still strong, powerful and yes, even relevant in this day and time in the history of mankind. The culture would lead us to believe that the Word of God is "out of step" with modern man but I refute that teaching by saying that I (we) have found God "right in step" with those thoughts, fears, anxieties, troubles, etc that we are facing at this present moment. His Word has reminded me of His Sovereignty, Might, Power and that He still has the last Word in the lives of mankind. His Word has come to us through devotionals, text messages, personal conversations and personal "words of encouragement." 

I challenge you to make your own list of things that God has taught you over the past few weeks through the various channels of life that He has chosen to use. You might be surprised what you have learned once you audibly speak those lessons out loud or take the time to write them down so that you can reflect on the presence of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment