Thursday, August 7, 2014

Spiritual Growth

2 Peter 1:1-3: “This letter is from Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ. I am writing to you who share the same precious faith we have. This faith was given to you because of the justice and fairness of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior. May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. (NLT)
Is it possible that we have overlooked the principles related to our individual need to develop an attitude and desire for spiritual growth? Is it possible that we can grow and possibly have grown complacent in our journey with Christ? Is it possible that we have sought the blessings of God and failed to ask Him to teach us about spiritual growth/maturity? Spiritual growth can be time consuming and challenging. It is one thing to pursue the blessings of God and another thing to pursue the discipline of Discipleship! I for one certainly appreciate all of the blessings of God that He has sent my way but I also appreciate the on-going development of my relationship with Christ. 
Would you take a moment and once again read verse 2 of I Peter 1? "May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord." I believe this verse reminds us that God will provide Grace and Peace in abundance as we grow in our "knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord." I also believe that provision could be placed in the category of the blessings that come from God. Is there not a great need for Grace and Peace in our world today? Is there not also a great need to see the continued development of our knowledge of God and the continued development of our relationship with Him?"
I plan on addressing three (3) questions during the message this coming Sunday morning. 1) Do I want to HEAR what God is SAYING? 2) Do I want to SEE what God is REVEALING? 3) Do I want to PUT INTO PRACTICE what God is TEACHING? 
I still believe that Spiritual Growth is an IMPORTANT PART OF OUR WALK WITH CHRIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment