Thursday, August 21, 2014

Greatness of God, Part 4

Today I have invited a guest to share his views on the "Greatness of God" and his words will remind us of our need to offer our sincere worship to the True and Living God. I just ask that you welcome this guest to share his understanding of God and allow the Spirit to challenge your process of thought. 

The writer is David, a former shepherd who later rose to the status of King of Israel. He was also known as a "man after God's heart." He is an experienced shepherd, warrior, and articulate worshiper. Let his view of God and personal knowledge of life make a difference in your life today.

Psalm 95

1 Come, let us sing to the Lord!
    Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
    Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
3 For the Lord is a great God,
    a great King above all gods.
4 He holds in his hands the depths of the earth
    and the mightiest mountains.
5 The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
    His hands formed the dry land, too.
6 Come, let us worship and bow down.
    Let us kneel before the Lord our maker,
7     for he is our God.
We are the people he watches over,
    the flock under his care.
If only you would listen to his voice today!
8 The Lord says, “Don’t harden your hearts as Israel did at Meribah,
    as they did at Massah in the wilderness.
9 For there your ancestors tested and tried my patience,
    even though they saw everything I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with them, and I said,
‘They are a people whose hearts turn away from me.
    They refuse to do what I tell them.’
11 So in my anger I took an oath:
    ‘They will never enter my place of rest.’” (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment