Monday, August 18, 2014

Focus on the GREATNESS OF GOD

1 Chronicles 29:11-13, "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. 12 Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength. 13 “O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! (NLT)

Yesterday our Worship Leader at New River felt led to "spiritually park" us during a song that focused on praising and magnifying God. I realize that some people may complain and grumble if we repeat a song or certain verses of a song. But is it possible to praise God enough? Is it possible to express your love to Him in just 20-30 minutes of worship and praise songs on a Sunday morning? Do we take the time to stop and for a few moments fully focus our attention on "the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory and the majesty" of our great and wonderful Savior? After all we must remember that He is the Source of all the resources that we need. He is our Bread of Life and our source of Living Water. 

I am thankful that the Spirit arrested my heart during our Worship service on Sunday. I am thankful that God drew my attention to His Greatness! We read so much about the great accomplishments of men and women but it is a blessing for the Spirit to take us back to the Bible and remind us of  the Greatness of God. The greatness  of humanity's accomplishments and deeds can NEVER COMPARE to all that God has accomplished in our lives. I have made a commitment to myself this week that I will not wait on the Worship Leader during a Sunday service to remind me of the Greatness of God. I can see Him at work everyday that I am alive on this earth. And through the Grace of God I am determined to live a life that is pleasing to God so that I can see His Greatness face to face one day!!! WILL YOU JOIN ME ON THAT JOURNEY TO SEE HIM FACE TO FACE ONE DAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment