Friday, June 26, 2015

DO YOU HEAR THE ALARM SOUNDING?

I would like to share an email that I sent out earlier this morning. It is a letter of encouragement as well as a letter of recruitment. It was sent to people that are connected with the local congregation that I serve but I believe the principles that I discuss and the challenge that is issued through these principles are applicable to each of us. Would you take a moment and read this email and see if you sense the alarm bells going off in your spirit?

As you are aware, I have called for another Time of Prayer this Sunday evening (6-28) @ 5:00 PM at the church. I believe that we could agree that prayer is very important and a very necessary part of our walk with Christ. There is a time for "private prayer" and there is a time for "corporate prayer." I understand the Bible to teach both of those spiritual principles. I would like to request, encourage, and even recruit you to attend the "corporate" time of prayer on Sunday evening. 

Our nation reeks with the smell of division, violence, disease, distrust, animosity, hatred, racism, addictions, moral decline, spiritual lethargy and unrest. Should I go on with my list of issues and personal as well as Pastoral insight into the affairs of our nation? I surely could but I will refrain at this time. But I see something that is missing when we begin listing or naming the issues that we are facing. IT IS THE PEOPLE WHO ARE EITHER CAPTURED IN THE THROES OF THESE ISSUES OR THEY ARE OVERWHELMED BY THE EFFECT OF THESE ISSUES!! There is certainly a time in which we need to pray against the spirits that are driving these actions BUT there is also a time to PRAY FOR THE PEOPLE BEHIND THESE ISSUES. I believe that the time to pray for people has come.

I read the following thought this morning and I felt in my spirit that I needed to share it with you. "The Lord didn't send his disciples out solo. He sent them out in pairs. Pairs were more than twice as effective as a single person in accomplishing the work of preparing people's hearts for the Kingdom of God and the good news about Jesus. Several Jewish principles were behind this. First, testimony needed to be at the hands of two or three witnesses. Second, two are stronger and more effective than one. To this, Jesus adds a third principle of his own: where two or three gather, there he is present. No matter how strong we are, we need a partner. Even the incredibly committed apostle Paul needed his co-workers and friends (see 2 Timothy). We need each other to do God's work and accomplish God's mission. Don't try to do it solo!" (Phil Ware)

We may not want to admit it but you need me and I need you. I fully understand that my previous statement runs contrary to the attitude of many in our present world. I believe that principle of needing each other will become even more important as we move deeper into the 21st century. We can already see the warning signs on the horizon. I need you to pray with me on Sunday and you need me to pray with you on Sunday. I may be accused of being an "alarmist"  but I had rather be safe than sorry. I hear the spiritual warning alarms going off and as a "watchman on the wall" I need to declare what I see and what I hear.

Blessings on you and your family today!! You are loved, respected and appreciated!!!

Ephesians 6:18, "Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people). (Amplified)

No comments:

Post a Comment