Thursday, June 11, 2015

I would like to share an email of encouragement that I mailed out earlier today. Some of you may read these words twice but I firmly believe that this passage of scripture will speak to your hearts. It is my desire to draw closer to God and it is my desire to encourage you to draw closer to God. The Word of God will assist us in that process if we will allow it to do so. 

Good morning!!

I Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (NKJV)

This scripture passage is taken from a letter that the Apostle Paul shared with the local church at Thessalonica. This is small snippet of exhortations that Paul was sharing with the local church. Today they serve as a great reminder and challenge to the modern day believer. Each of these verses contain many sermons within the few words that were written. We find the essence of hope, prayer and thanksgiving shared as well as other principles that we could discuss. 

I want to take a moment of your time and encourage you to consider making these verses a part of your daily spiritual regimen. What if we sought to practice these principles in our daily lives? Can we even imagine the strength, faith, courage, and miracles that would take place in our individual lives as well as the corporate Body of Christ? I truly believe that we would be amazed at the spiritual results that would take place in our hearts and the hearts of others if we seriously took on the challenge of these verses. I can feel the stirring of the Spirit even as I am writing these sentences.

Over the past few weeks and months I have ministered to several individuals as well as families that have faced some very difficult circumstances. I have been amazed at the strength, faith and courage that I have witnessed. There have been many occasions in which I was just honored to be in their presence. They encouraged me far more than I encouraged them. They were "living out" the declarations of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Their faith was more than just a bundle of scriptures that they had memorized. Their faith was and still is based on a relationship with a Living Savior who was present in their lives. They were not detached from God rather they had chosen to allow their circumstances to strengthen their faith. Their faith had grown stronger rather than grown weaker. I believe the exhortations of I Thessalonians played a major role in their journey even if they did not realize it at the moment.

I have received several testimonies this week from individuals in which God has answered their prayers. Today I celebrate with them and with you. I will leave them the opportunity to share their testimonies at the appropriate time. Let me share some words from a text message that I received on Tuesday. This is from someone who has walked through a true challenge in the recent days. Read these words carefully and allow the Spirit to speak to your heart. "I was reminded this morning that we can get caught up in all the bad things in our lives that we forget and we overlook all the good that GOD does for us."

WOW!!!   I Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (NKJV)

Blessings,
Pastor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment