Friday, June 12, 2015

Gratitude

I have been preparing an eulogy for a funeral this morning. The Spirit began to deal with my heart about the need to be grateful to God for all that He has has provided in my life. I do not want to sound redundant considering the words that I shared yesterday but I realized that gratitude, appreciation and recognition of the goodness of God needs to be a daily part of our lives and not just a time of "special revelation." I understand that there are times in which a specific event or circumstance calls for an unique time of celebration and praise. But we should not wait for those moments to arrive before we offer our heartfelt praise and honor to God.

I feel led to share a few verses that is very rich with the flavor of praise, adoration and thanksgiving.

Psalm 103:1-5

"Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." (NKJV)

#EverydayisaDAYOFPRAISE

No comments:

Post a Comment