Tuesday, June 30, 2015

When Should I PRAISE HIM?

Psalm 34:1-3, "I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the Lordlet all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together." (NLT)

The title of this post asks the question, "When Should I PRAISE HIM?" The question could be re-stated in this manner, "WHY & WHEN Did I STOP PRAISING GOD?" In all honesty, we have no legitimate reason to stop praising and exalting God. The Bible is full of instructions, exhortations, and encouragement when it comes to offering praise and honor to God. We have many choices of scripture passages from which we could choose to validate our call to PRAISE GOD. The teachings of the scripture are not in question in this post. I think they are very plainly written to those who follow after Christ.

The greater question may be summed up in this question; "Am I offering God my best effort and gift of praise?" The Psalmist David reminded us of our need to praise Him at "all times." Let me give you a simple answer to that declaration. The words "all times" reveals that I should praise God through all circumstances and situations not just when I "feel" like it. Is that always easy to do? The answer is NO it is not always easy. But the answer to David's challenge should be YES when we realize that Praise is always profitable to the continuing process of spiritual growth. David went on to say, "I will constantly speak his praises." My what a challenge but what a blessing that ensues when we put into practice the instructions of God's Word!!!

The enemy seeks to "steal" the praise from our lips. The challenges of life which bring fears, frustration, pain, suffering, struggles, difficulties, etc have a way of removing the praise from our lips. But remembering the goodness of God and the Grace of God have a way of restoring them to our heart. We have to take the time to remember the "good things" that comes from God even as we face the challenge of difficult times. Once more let me remind us that there is a blessing that comes from offering praise, honor, adoration and worship to the Lord God Almighty. 

Make room for a TIME OF PRAISE in your life today!! You will be a better person if you make that effort. Call it a "challenge" based on the Word of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment