Monday, January 11, 2016

2nd Week of Prayer & Fasting

I firmly believe that God has provided through His Word certain "spiritual strategies" that will lead us to victory. I must decide to "put on the whole armor of God" so that I can withstand the tactics of the enemy!! 

I am asking that you continue to join with me in prayer during this second week of seeking after the heart of God for our individual lives as well as the lives of our family, friends, New River, and the corporate family of God. You will also have many other requests to add to the list that I will share with you. I have said and written these words before but I will write them once more; "There is power in agreement." Mountains are moved when we come into agreement with our brothers and sisters in Christ. These 21 days of Corporate Prayer is a wonderful opportunity for the family of God to agree with each other in prayer. 

I would like to share some more "Prayer Boosters" for this week of prayer for you to consider and incorporate into your time of Prayer.

  Monday: Praise God for Jesus Christ who came to seek and save those who are lost. (Luke 15:1-31)

  Tuesday: Give thanks for the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the power of God for salvation to all who believe. (Romans 1:16)

  Wednesday: Recall your personal testimony of salvation and thank God for His deliverance. (Psalm 40:1-3)

  Thursday: Ask God for send forth laborers into the harvest. (Matthew 9:37-38)

  Friday: Ask the Father to raise up excellent, anointed ministries to the young harvest of children and youth. (Matthew 19:14, Acts 2:17)

  Saturday: Intercede for unsaved individuals you know personally and claim the following promises for them (John 14:6, Romans 10:9-11, Matthew 18:18).

  Sunday: Pray that God's Kingdom will come and His will be done in individual's hearts, families, cities, nations, and the world, even as it is in Heaven. (Matthew 6:9-13)

NOTE: These 'Prayer Boosters" were provided by Scott Gillum, a dear friend and brother in Christ.

Psalm 118:5-6, "When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" (NIV)

Please remember that you are not alone when you pray. The presence of the Lord is with you and you have brothers and sisters in Christ who are joining with you in prayer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment