Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Today's Reminder

I am constantly amazed at God's ability to bring the proper reminder or encouragement to us at the most appropriate times in our lives. I am sitting at my desk looking out the window as I am typing these words. It is snowing today but I am reminded that Spring is only two months away. That reminder will come in handy when I go outside later this morning to shovel my driveway. LOL

But on a very serious note, I did read some words today that reminded me that God is certainly aware of the needs in our lives as well as the struggles and battles that we face. I garnered this thought from one of my devotionals today. "God is a REAL GOD who recognizes the REAL issues/challenges that REAL PEOPLE face on a daily basis." God is not far away from His children but is very much aware of their location. He also has a great desire to be an active part of our lives if we will take the initiative to invite Him into our life on a daily basis. I can testify to the fact that I have witnessed the "realness" of God in my life and in the lives of my family as well as many brothers and sisters in Christ. I do not want to let go of the promise of His daily presence in my life.

I thought of two passages of scripture that I referenced in a recent message at New River. Let the Word of God speak a powerful reminder into your heart and life today!!

I Corinthians 10:12-13, “If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” (NLT)  2 Peter 2:9, then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment,” (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment