Friday, May 13, 2016

Are You Concerned?

My heart and spirit are troubled as I view the actions that are taking place in our society. I fully understand and believe that sinners are going to do what sinners are going to do. I may not be able to change the decisions of the culture but I do have the opportunity as well as responsibility to do my best to make good decisions concerning my life. But I will not be able to resist the tide of this culture through the power of my own strength. I must depend on the strength of God that will come through the deepening and maturation of my relationship with Him! But I must ask myself these questions; "Am I prepared to take the journey with God? Or am I going to become content with the status quo of my walk with Christ?"

It does not take a prophet or preacher to recognize the fact that we are facing a growing list of concerns in our world. These concerns stretch across the spectrum of personal, family, church and even national concerns. We are living in a day and time in which our walk with Christ is being challenged on so many fronts at once. We are seeing the forces of darkness attempt to defeat and overthrow our faith through various strategies and tactics. The enemy is also seeking to “lull us into a state of spiritual sleep.” Satan desires to wear out our faith and wear down our resistance. Have you heard a Doctor say these words to you or say them to someone you know? “Your body is worn down and your resistance to this infection is very low” and in some cases you may even hear the Doctor say, “You are just too tired to fight off this infection.” I have even heard parents say that their children had “worn down” their resistance so they finally just gave in to the demands of the children. Isn’t that one of the ways that satan is working against us. He is “wearing down” our spiritual resistance to the point that we just decide to surrender to his lies and we just simply lose the will to fight through these attempts.   
We must choose to make the right decision to follow Christ regardless of the cost that we may face. Do you remember the old song; "Heaven will surely be worth it all..."

No comments:

Post a Comment