Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Are You HUNGRY?

I am at a place in my spiritual journey in which God is reinvigorating my hunger for His presence, His power and His direction in my life. I have sought after the above mentioned desires in my life for many years. Those thoughts have been in my heart and those words have come out of mouth during prayer time for many years. Yet, those same words have taken on a new meaning and a new reality over the past few months.

I know that it is God who is raising up this "fresh and new" desire in my heart to pursue a deeper relationship with Him. I am sure that some of this "fresh and new" desire is arising from the moral abyss that our nation is entering. But I will admit that these feelings concern me but there is even a greater concern that floods my soul during prayer time. I am even more concerned about the "spiritual abyss" that I see being formed in the lives of many believers. There are far too many believers sitting on the spiritual sideline so to speak. We have become content to be observers rather than participants in this spiritual warfare. And trust me, it is spiritual warfare that we are facing. Dare I say it, but I believe that only the "strong in the Lord" will survive the attacks that satan is placing against the family of God. I am desiring to not only survive but I am planning to live victoriously through the power of Jesus Christ which is able to "break every chain, break every chain, break every chain."

I want to share something that I read this morning during my devotional time. These words struck a chord in my heart and I believe that it is very possible that the same thing could happen to you. In The Case for Faith, journalist Lee Strobel interviews Peter Kreeft, a world-class philosopher, who makes the following statement: “The Bible says, ‘Seek and you shall find.’ It doesn’t say that everybody will find him; it doesn’t say nobody will find him. Some will find him. Who? Those who seek.”

These words immediately brought this scripture passage to my mind. Joshua 24;15, "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lordchoose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (NKJV) (Emphasis Added)

Will YOU choose to seek Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment