Thursday, February 16, 2017

God's Love

I can not believe that it has been a week since I have written on the blog. I am sure that each of you are like me as I recognize the quick passing of time. We hear words such as; "Where did the week go? My, how time flies!! There are not enough hours in the day any more." Each of these statements and many more remind us of this truth; "Time waits for no one." I must do what I can do in service to God with the knowledge that life is a vapor and that it does vanish quickly. I do not use those words to discourage you or to cast a cloud of fear on your day but we must live our lives with the knowledge that we do possess an expiration date for our journey on earth. I want to be found faithful and obedient to our Heavenly Father.

I would like to share a portion of a recent weekly letter than I send to our local congregation. I use this weekly letter as a means to "sow a Gospel seed" as well as remind them of the need to pursue fulfilling their opportunities to serve God. I trust and pray that you will be blessed, encouraged, challenged and strengthened,

You were in my thoughts and prayers this morning. I find great comfort and strength in the knowledge that someone is praying for me. That is one of the unique attributes of the family of God that is so often overlooked except during the time of trials or challenges. But I am trying to remind myself on a daily basis that I have brothers and sisters in Christ who are under girding me with prayer. I would encourage you to add that same reminder to your process of thought.

Tuesday (February 14th) as you well know was Valentine's Day. This day can be a challenge as well as a blessing to various individuals in our church body. The challenges of life are not always filled with good memories "BUT THERE IS ONE THING THAT REMAINS, HIS LOVE (GOD'S LOVE) NEVER FAILS AND IT IT NEVER RUNS OUT." There is no expiration date to God's Love. Humanity may fail us and even forget us but God has promised never to leave us regardless of the circumstances that we may face.

I truly believe that God desires each of us to accept and receive His love. I also believe that God desires for us to pursue His love. Parents can remember the joy and excitement of your child uttering the words "Mamma" or "Daddy." Parents can remember the thrill of entering their child's presence and the child lifting up their arms toward them full of anticipation that you (the parent) would pick them up and carry them in their arms. Our Heavenly Father loves hearing His name called (His Word teaches us to call on Him) and He desires to share our "load of life." But it is up to each of us to respond to His love.

Will we take time to respond to God's love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment