Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Obedience???

It has been a few days since I shared a portion of my heart with you. I still rejoice when I remember that God is actually interested in my life and those situations that are taking place in my life. Doesn't that knowledge and understanding bring a smile to your face and a warmth to your spirit? In the midst of my daily challenges and opportunities to serve my fellow man I can sense the presence of God at work in my heart. 

But here is a question that continues to trouble my soul both as an individual Christian as well as a Minister of the Gospel. Why do so many of us struggle to obey God and do what is right? A secondary question also comes to light in regards to this concern. Why do we allow the obstacles, excuses, challenges, trials, etc. that satan places in our lives so easily turn our hearts and lives away from God and His work in our hearts? The Word of God teaches us that the enemy certainly desires to "knock us off course" but that God has promised guidance and direction for those who trust in the promises that God has shared with us through His Word. 

I believe that this generation of believers are being challenged to "dig deep" and rediscover and even reestablish the foundation upon which we are building our lives. We need to remind ourselves that Christ is the Rock on which we build our lives and all other foundations are weak and will soon disintegrate under the spiritual attacks that we face in our daily lives. 

We must stop being indecisive when it comes to our relationship with God. We chose to go into debt on houses, cars, recreational vehicles and in some cases even vacations. Yet we find it so difficult to fully surrender our lives to Christ. We will commit to a 30 year mortgage on a house and a six year loan on a vehicle yet find it challenging to make a definite commitment to serve Christ as we know that we should. None of the above mentioned actions are sinful to say the least but they are used to remind you that EACH OF US CAN MAKE DECISIONS that require commitment. We commit to these decisions without knowing the future. We do this because we view these items as useful, beneficial and a good investment.

I feel that same way about my relationship with Christ, It is beneficial to me as I travel down the road of life and it will be beneficial to me when I travel the last mile of my road of life. I thought of a song that I have sang through the years of my journey with Christ. "I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back! No turning back..." I encourage you to make that same decision today. 

Luke 11:27-28, And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!” 28 But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” (NKJV)
Luke 11:27-28, As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.” 28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment