Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts

I am going to share some words that I wrote during sermon preparation a few days ago. I am sure that at some point in the future these words will be spoken as I share the Gospel. I am convinced that God is at work in His Kingdom and I truly desire to participate with Him as He works to transform the lives of His people. 

The Spirit has dealt with my heart during this first month of January concerning the need for the church to respond in the appropriate manner to the call that we are hearing from God. I truly believe that the Spirit is knocking on the door of our individual hearts as well as the corporate door of the church. (Revelation 3)

I also am well aware of the fact that each of us have many other “spirits” knocking on the door of our heart and these spirits are doing everything in their power to gain access to our lives. The cultural tide of rebellion instead of humble repentance is gaining momentum in this world. The rejection of the Truth is becoming commonplace even among Christians as the enemy seeks to move us away from our hope and confidence in Christ. But in the midst of these attacks I am seeing various individuals who are saying that “enough is enough.” We are tired of just talking about a move of God of Biblical proportions. We are realizing that we need to be responsive and obedient to the call of the Spirit and we must be willing to put our faith in action. We must be willing to “open the door” to our lives and not just grow content by having our hands on the door knob or door handle.
Dear God, Give me strength to persevere when everything around me tells me to stop following Christ. Give me courage to do what is right when everything around me tells me to do wrong. Give me power to love when everything around me tells me to hate. Give me a stronger spiritual desire when everything around me tells me to give up. Give me hope when everything around me seems to be discouraging me. I will continue to lean on you regardless of the challenges that I face!! Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment