Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday's Musings

James 2:19-21, “You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!  20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?  21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?(NKJV)

I must begin today's post by offering praise and thanksgiving to God for the ministering presence of the Holy Spirit in yesterday's service at New River. Surely the presence of God was very active in the House of God. I sincerely believe that God is at work in His Kingdom and among His people. A quote from my past seems appropriate at this point of time, "We just need to get with the program!!" I also sincerely believe that God is waiting on our sincere and obedient response to the activity of His Spirit in our personal lives as well as our corporate lives. I encourage you to listen to the Voice of God as He speaks the fullness of life into your soul!!!

Last night as well as this morning I keep hearing the words "Call to Action" resonating in my heart and spirit. I sense that God is calling the church out of our passivity into ACTION. He is calling me to release my faith and put my stored up spiritual information, my spiritual knowledge, my spiritual understanding and my relationship with God into ACTION. I must stop waiting on God to give me more of His Spirit and start releasing the power of the Spirit that has already been deposited in my life. We possess some "loaves and fishes" that need to be shared. A large group of people were fed when the young boy decided to take action. And let me remind you that we can only assume that the young lad was among the group that ate that day. (John 6, take a moment and read this awesome encounter with the power of Jesus Christ.)

The words when, maybe, tomorrow, eventually, probably, maybe next service, etc. need to be replaced with the word NOW when it comes to our personal response to God. The Word of God (both Old Testament and New Testament) is full of examples when God asked for the participation of particular individuals as well as groups of people. Each of us needs to be prepared to release our faith when God directs us to take that step of ACTION. This urging from God may come at the most difficult times in our lives as well as during the moments of our daily walk of life. 

Just remember that obedience is not always easy and simple but it is always rewarding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment