Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Self Examination

Romans 12:3,  For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.(NKJV)
These first few weeks of 2017 have found me seeking to take a personal inventory of my life and asking God to direct me in making the proper adjustments that I need to make. I will be honest, most of us find it easier to "examine" the lives of other people than we do taking the time to allow the Spirit to lead us into a time of self examination. I can identify the "splinter" in your eye all the while overlooking the "log" in my eye. I can accomplish this feat through the action of justifying my actions or my weakness on either my present circumstances or on my past circumstances. Either of these decisions can create a "spiritual arrogance" in my life which will hinder the work of God from taking place in my life. That leads me to develop an ego that takes precedence over all of the actions that the Holy Spirit it seeking to take in my life. I constantly remind myself that I must walk in humility, surrender and with a heart of a true servant if I am going to be a son that is "well pleasing" to God.

I can not afford to develop my life outside the boundaries of the Word of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The lack of these important and very relevant spiritual tools in my life will allow me to develop an attitude that is devoid of spiritual principles and that is full of carnal or fleshly principles. I will soon begin to live a life based on my desires rather than based on the principles of God that are found in His Word. The continuation of these actions can place me on the "fast track" to spiritual destruction which can quickly leave a trail of poor decisions which hinder my relationship with God. That is one of the reasons that I must constantly ask the Spirit of God to take an inventory of my life and point out those areas of personal weakness.

There are rewards to being willing to take the proper actions of examination, review, correction and adjustment. I will see a personal improvement in my life as I ask God to help me make the proper adjustment in my life. These proper adjustments will lead me into a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ. The stronger relationship with Christ will produce a better relationship with those people that God has placed in my life. I will seek to live as a humble servant who desires to serve, love and care for others. I will desire to live a life that brings honor to God and encouragement to others!!


No comments:

Post a Comment