Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday's Thoughts

I am going to begin this post by looking back at two thoughts that God has placed in my heart as we move toward the end of the first month of 2017. Many people started this year with wonderful plans, resolutions and goals that they were seeking to obtain. Many of them continue on the path that they have laid out while countless others have already discarded or even forgotten the goals or resolutions that they themselves established. 

I am writing these words because there are some resolutions in which I have already missed the mark (The reduction of my intake of sugar is one of them.). But there are other concrete plans in which I am determined to reach my goal. And one of them is to draw closer to God during this coming year. It is during this spiritual process that I have continued to hear the voice of the Spirit calling me to action. It is a wonderful opportunity to be able to share the right words with everyone including God but it is even more wonderful to take those words and put them into action.

The next paragraph is from the blog post of Monday and the second is from a message that I shared at New River on the first day of 2017. I trust that you will sense the "call to take action" in 2017 and this action will produce a mighty spiritual awakening in your life. I know that I sincerely desire that spiritual awakening in my life!!

Last night as well as this morning I keep hearing the words "Call to Action" resonating in my heart and spirit. I sense that God is calling the church out of our passivity into ACTION. He is calling me to release my faith and put my stored up spiritual information, my spiritual knowledge, my spiritual understanding and my relationship with God into ACTION. I must stop waiting on God to give me more of His Spirit and start releasing the power of the Spirit that has already been deposited in my life.

The New Year of 2017 began a few hours ago.   The days that lie in front of us although no one of us know the full amount of those days are full of endless opportunities and decisions that will either lead us closer to God or further away from God.   I feel led to challenge you with these words, “The powers of darkness that we will face in 2017 are going to require more than a list of resolutions.   The abundant life that each of us need is going to require a lifestyle of good decisions regarding the development of our relationship with God.”   How much longer will we wait before we start making the correct decision when Christ deals with our hearts?   

Our sixteen (16) year old grandson spoke these words to me at the beginning of 2016 and I think they are still appropriate for 2017. "We need revolution (spiritually speaking) instead of resolutions." 

No comments:

Post a Comment