Friday, March 3, 2017

Friday's Insight

I feel that I need to share a brief quote with you that I read this morning. There is such an underlying element of frustration or disappointment that is certainly affecting America today in my opinion. It seems that the frustration about the election is more visible that it was even during the campaign. Everyone is asking for change across the spectrum of concerns that are facing our nation but it seems that very few are willing to take an introspective look at their heart and their life. 

I believe that attitude has made it way into the family of God. There is a cry for change yet many are unwilling to surrender their heart to God for the full effects of transformation to take place. Our nation, our churches, our families and even our lives will only change once we resolve to allow the Spirit to do His full and complete work in our lives. 

Let me share a quote that I read this morning.

"In Mere Christianity, C. S. Lewis likens humanity to a fleet of ships sailing in formation. Three things can go wrong: (1) the ships collide with each other; (2) the ships take on water or suffer mechanical problems during the voyage; (3) the fleet sails to the wrong destination. Laws can help prevent collisions between people and can point society toward the common good. But they cannot keep individual "ships" from breaking down. As Lewis notes, "You cannot make men good by law; and without good men you cannot have a good society."

Here is another famous quote but this one is found in the Bible.

Isaiah 55:8-9, For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.(NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment