Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thursday's Encouragement

2 Corinthians 5:7, For we walk by faith, not by sight.(NKJV)

I truly sense that the Spirit is leading me to offer words of encouragement to the family of God. I also believe that God has placed that desire as well as that "call" into my heart. These are days in which the enemy of our soul is doing all in his power to tear down our faith but I also believe that the Spirit of God is calling us to draw near so that He might strengthen our faith. I must choose the route that I am going to take. Am I going to allow the enemy to tear down my faith or am I going to allow the Spirit to build up my faith? Remember, the choice is ours to make and no one can make that choice for us. 

The following words can be and will be applied to the "corporate" Body of Christ but I heard the Spirit speak to my heart these following words. "I desire to strengthen the faith of individuals. I desire for their personal faith to be strong so that they can resist the attacks and attempts of satan to overthrow their faith." I am confident that this will not be the first time or the last time that you will hear this concept of "personal faith" shared or taught. But I do believe that it is imperative that we pay close attention to the voice of the Spirit so that we will respond in the appropriate and correct manner and attitude toward our Heavenly Father.

Take a moment and refresh your memory of the stories of men and women of faith that are revealed in Hebrews 11. Some writers have declared this passage of scripture as the "Hall of Fame of Faith." It was during prayer time this morning that the Spirit reminded me that these were stories of INDIVIDUALS who chose to face their road of life through the release of their faith. I understand that these stories have "corporate value" for the Body of Christ but it was INDIVIDUALS who chose to practice their faith during the most difficult of circumstances. YOU AND I CAN MAKE IT IF WE CHOOSE TO "...WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT."

The Spirit placed these words in my Spirit to pray over you today as I was in prayer this morning. "Heavenly Father I refuse to surrender to the attacks of the enemy. I refuse, resist and rebuke the efforts of the enemy to disrupt, destroy, discourage, dis-connect, disturb or defeat my faith. I refuse, resist, rebuke the efforts of the enemy to cause me to live in despair or fear. I receive my victory through the blood of Jesus Christ and the power of His mighty name. Nothing or no one can stop the Lord God Almighty!! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment