Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Door is Open

I would like to share with you some thoughts that I shared in a recent message that I truly believe God placed on and in my heart. I am committed to encouraging others to the pursuit of a more passionate relationship with Jesus Christ. I firmly believe that far too many believers are "settling for less when God has more planned for our lives. Christ is the "giver of Life!!!"

John 10:7-10, “Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.  I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (NKJV)

Jesus openly declares it is through Him alone that mankind can be saved. The Truth of this statement must be the basis on the development of our ongoing relationship with God. I feel led and inspired to remind us that once we make that decision to receive Christ into our hearts our lives are changed.   We must remember that Jesus Christ came to give life to the sheep.  This is in direct opposition to the design of the thief, which is to kill and destroy.  Christ came to put life into the people of God. The people of God had drifted in a valley of dryness which featured rituals, spiritual routines and a certain spiritual smugness that has caused them to withdraw into their own exclusive branches of religious practices (Saducees, Pharisees, etc.). Christ came to reveal and declare divine truths, to establish a new order which included an opportunity to stand in fellowship with the Lord God Almighty!!!    Christ came to revive the dying zeal of the shepherds and the people so that they would seek those of his flock that has wandered away from the flock and ended up lost in the wildernessThese actions would lead them to bind up that which was broken, wounded and even been left to die in the wilderness. Ezekiel 34:15-16, I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down,” says the Lord God16 “I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong (Amplified: those who have become hardhearted and perverse,) and feed them in judgment.” (NKJV)    

Aren’t you THANKFUL THAT CHRIST HAS OPENED THE DOOR FOR YOU TODAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment