Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I'm Back

I can not imagine that it has been this many days since I shared my thoughts with you. I have tried some other means of communication as well as been very busy in the pursuit of my daily walk with Christ. I am going to share a portion of the communication that I sent to our local church family today. I pray that the words will challenge your heart as much as they challenged me when I was engaged in prayer time on Tuesday.

Good morning on post-Eclipse Wednesday!! 

We were blessed to be able to witness the revelation of the glory of God on Monday. I don't know about you but my faith is even stronger after I was able to witness the greatness of God on display. This should be another reminder to the people of God that this is the time to recognize and pursue the presence of God in our lives. People traveled from various parts of the world to see this event and the effects of the full Eclipse was only noticeable for a little over two minutes. What would happen in each of our lives if we were that passionate for Jesus Christ and the work of His Kingdom in our lives?

On Monday evening President Trump presented his strategy for the war in Afghanistan that has been taking place since November of 2001. He shared several different measures/strategies that the Military Forces of America would take in the near future. I feel led to lay out a strategy with you today for the "spiritual war" that we have been facing since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. It is a four point plan. It has been tried by previous generations and found to be successful in defeating the forces of evil and darkness. 1) Pray  2) Pray Again  3) Pray More 4) Continue Praying.  Our only hope for our lives, for our families, our communities, our state, our nation as well as our world is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (NKJV)

The Spirit placed these words in my heart on Tuesday: "It is time for each of us to come off the "sideline" of this spiritual war. It is time for the men and women of the church to step forward and commit to being the example that the children and youth of this nation need to see. It is time to stop just being an observer. God is calling us to participate with Him. It is dangerous to follow Christ at a distance. It is time to draw near in humility, surrender and obedience. The powers of darkness are real but the power of God is even greater!!"

I share these previous words with humility as well as sincerity. I realize that we have heard and read these words before. But it was as if the Spirit asked me this question, "When will my people begin to do what they know they ought to do?" OUCH!!! The challenges that the enemy is presenting to the church is getting most of the headlines but I am more concerned about the challenge that the Spirit and the Word is bringing to the church. HOW WILL I CHOOSE TO RESPOND?

I pray that each of you will take the time to listen to the Voice of God in your life and that each of us will respond appropriately and correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment