Monday, August 28, 2017

Mondays's Musings

You may be a person who either receives prayer requests from various individuals or you are aware of people who are having challenging circumstances in their lives. Either one of these scenarios require a serious and sincere response. I often write about the need of prayer because I am a person who believes in prayer and I am a person who is a product of prayer. I was blessed to have been born into a home that believed in prayer and I grew up in a church family that believed in prayer. I am truly thankful for my spiritual heritage and the emphasis that was placed on prayer. 

But it seems that the interest in prayer is waning in these days. Altar calls seem to be more difficult. Meetings that focus on Prayer are sparsely attended. Food will draw a crowd, Prayer will disburse and scatter the crowd. I will agree that it is possible that my "passion for Prayer" clouds my view BUT I also believe that the times in which we are living are going to require more serious times of prayer and intercession.

We have a Prayer Team where I serve as Pastor. Prayer requests from our congregation as well as outside of our congregation are submitted. I want to share a note with you that I sent to the Prayer Team in response to a request that was submitted to us today. I felt led to remind them of something important and I feel led to share that same inspiration with you today!

Your continued prayers for the challenges that people are facing are desperately needed in this day and time. I truly believe that the Spirit of God is trying to awaken us to the "seriousness" of the times in which we are living. The needs are real but even more importantly THE PEOPLE ARE REAL!! The names brought before us are not television or movie actors. They are our family, our friends and our fellow human beings that are facing situations that are far greater than their abilities to overcome them. They need the divine intervention of Heaven in their lives.

I am aware of the needs of these two individuals who were placed before us today!! Trust me when I say that their challenge is real and that the enemy is truly working against their soul. Let me hasten to add that I am also aware of the power and presence of God who can make a difference in the lives of people. But the effective prayers of the people of God can and will make a difference. 

Blessings! Your prayer support and your commitment to prayer is making a difference!!

Remember that someone is depending on your sincere prayers the next time you pray!!


No comments:

Post a Comment