Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday's Musings

Mark 12:30, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.   

I continue to sense the need to express to God my sincere thanks and appreciation for His love for me. I am undeserving of His love, grace and mercy but the cross of Calvary as well as the death of Jesus on the cross has made it possible for me to receive His love into my life. I continue to look for ways as well as opportunities to offer my love back to Christ.

I read these words several years ago. They spoke encouragement to me when I first read them and today they still speak that same encouragement.

“Love is the most powerful weapon in our arsenal of faith. Like the tip of an arrow love points us to God.  Love commandeers all other graces to engage the Lord’s affection and His eternal concerns. When Jesus defined love as the greatest command, He gave us a glimpse into what He wants for the world and His children. A life motivated by love is only limited by its capacity to love the Lord. Love is a muscle we exercise so it grows in stamina and strength.

Each of us will be presented with various opportunities to express and declare our love to God. But I am learning that God is looking for more than just words from my mouth. I truly believe that He is looking for obedience as well as teaching me that my words must become actions. These actions need to become a part of my daily life so that people “…can see my good works and glorify the Father which is in Heaven.” (Words of Jesus)

My challenge is to identify those opportunities and then respond appropriately to them when they arise in my journey of life. The Spirit is challenging me to be more alert to these opportunities. But I also must be determined to express my love to God as I worship Him through an act of service when these opportunities present themselves to me.

God loves me and I want to be faithful in expressing my love to Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment