Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday's Thoughts

I believe that many of us realize and identify that there are many "spirits" seeking to influence our lives in this present day world. Needless to say but not all of these influences are the correct ones. I have been consistently praying against these negative influences in my life as well as the lives of our family. Many of these influences are demonic and they are at work to defeat and destroy our relationship with Jesus Christ. I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to take very seriously any and all attempts of satan to undermine and hinder your relationship with Christ!! We must be alert and very much aware of the devices (strategies, schemes and plans) of satan. I will declare what I have heard preachers say when I was a young Christian; "The devil is up to no good and we need to stop him in his tracks." Can I get an AMEN?

I would like to share some words from C.S. Lewis writings.

"In Mere Christianity, C. S. Lewis noted that a fleet of ships sailing in formation requires three elements for success: they must be seaworthy, with steering and engines in good order; they must not run into each other; and they must reach the proper destination. The first is the key to the others: if a ship cannot be steered properly, it cannot be kept from colliding with other ships or reaching the wrong harbor. Each of us has the option as well as the opportunity to decide who is guiding and steering the direction of our lives." 
We are either being steered by the “flesh” (natural cravings or desires) or by the Spirit (the plan of God discovered in His Word).
Faithfulness is one of the foundational stones that reveals and declares the very character of God.  God’s steadfast love for you is more sure than the very ground we walk on. Isaiah 25:1,Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. (NIV)
Who or what it steering our life today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment