Friday, March 16, 2018

Will You PRAY TODAY?

The Spirit dealt with my heart this morning about the need to pray for one another. I understand that I reference prayer many times on this blog. But I must be honest and tell you that I believe consistent prayer is a MISSING ELEMENT IN THE LIVES OF MANY BELIEVERS!! I believe there is a group of Christians who consistently wait on the Prayer Warriors, Intercessors, Pastors, Church Leaders, etc. to pray for them and for the needs of others. 

I do believe that the individuals that I previously mentioned NEEDS TO PRAY. But each of us needs to pray. We need to seek God as an individual believer regardless of the leadership status that we may or may not have in a local community of believers. 

The need to pray for each other has been brought to my attention many times through the years of my Ministerial journey. The needs are great but God is greater. The past three (3) days have found me receiving texts from different individuals with serious needs in their lives or the lives of their family members. These have arrived very early in the morning. The arrival time says to me that the need is greater than their ability to meet it BUT it is not too great for God to meet.

Romans 1:8-10, Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world. God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart  by spreading the Good News about his Son. 10 One of the things I always pray for is the opportunity, God willing, to come at last to see you. (NLT)
These words of Paul to the church in Rome were dropped in my spirit this morning. First, Paul was thankful for his brothers and sisters in Christ. Paul was not just thankful for a "select group" of his family, friends or business associates. NO, he was thankful for everyone! I had never taken the time to notice that he uses the words "all of you." How long has it been since we thanked God for "all of the members" of our local church family? I encourage you to try this act of thankfulness. It has the potential to change our attitude of prayer when it comes to praying for others!

I encourage us to take the time to pray for someone other than ourselves. I will leave you with Paul's words from this letter to the Romans. "God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about His Son."

I desire to take that same approach to those that I serve and to those who are in need of PRAYER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment