Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking Forward

We are approaching the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009. I was looking at one of my new calendars; the pages are blank waiting on me to place appointments and information on the pages. My future is full of many opportunities in which God is waiting to place His direction, inspiration, and instructions upon the pages of my life. In great anticipation I await what God is going to "write" on the pages of our lives. According to Jeremiah 29, God has good plans for me. Now that does not mean that everything that happens to me will be good (at least from my viewpoint); I believe that it means that God's presence will be with me regardless of what happens in my life. Let us look forward with a healthy spiritual anticipation and awareness of the presence of God. We can rejoice when we look back and realize that God was in our yesterday but we can also look forward with hope as we rejoice in the fact that He will be in our tomorrows. The unction of the Spirit at the Cathedral church last night was very powerful. The Lord released a word of challenge to all of us and reminded us that we will face many opportunities to make the correct decisions regarding our commitment to Christ. Pastor Douglas commented to me that he felt that God had spoken to him regarding restoration. Restoration would encompass the resurrection of our surrender and being willing to yield ourselves to God. 2009 will have its share of challenges I am sure; but I am also sure that 2009 will have its share of the strength of God for those who choose to follow Him with all of their hearts. Do you want to be among the number who follows after God with passion and fervency; ready to surrender all of ourselves to the great cause of Christ and His Kingdom? I sense that many blessings, miracles, and provisions await those who truly commit themselves to Christ and His plan for their lives. We (Ann and myself) are walking with that promise written upon the pages of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment