Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sharing

This is called the season of giving and sharing. But for Christians that should be the attitude that we possess throughout the year. We should always be looking for opportunities to share our time and concern with those around us. How many of us truly look for those opportunities. The Bible still declares that "it is more blessed to give than receive." That Biblical principle sounds great but do I truly walk with that view in mind? What other gifts do we have to offer? We have the gift of friendship to share. Several weeks ago I wrote about the blessings of friends that God has placed in our lives. But today I want to look at the other side of the equation. Am I offering myself to others in the gift of friendship? What do my acquaintances say about me when I am not in their presence? Do these people describe me as friendly and even more importantly would they declare that I am their friend? As I approach 2009 I want to develop the desire to become a friend to those who are in need of a friend. It is easy to become a friend with someone who has many friends but what about that individual who has no one to call friend? Let us commit to being more sensitive to those around us who are in need of the gift of friendship. All of us possess the ability to become a friend to people and what a joy to watch that friendship develop through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment