Friday, December 12, 2008

Willing to Share

Each one of us have much to contribute to our fellow travelers on the road of life. The Spirit spoke these encouraging words to the church at Ephesus. Ephesians 4:16, "He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love" (NLT). This is such an encouraging verse of opportunity to each one of us. Everyone of us are given the opportunity to contribute to the success of the body of Christ. Do I willingly share my gifts, talents, and abilities with my brothers and sisters in the Lord? Do I shrink back from my duty because I view my abilities as inferior to my fellow believers? Yet the Bible declares that as I do my "own special work" the body grows and matures. Look what you miss and look at what others miss when you hold back what God has given you to share. During the Christmas season of 2008 let us recommit ourselves to sharing what God has placed in our lives. Do not hold back from sharing the great gifts that God has deposited in your life. God has created you and me to share with others; don't be a "spiritual Grinch" this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment