Friday, December 19, 2008

Sharing

Different thoughts and ideas have flooded my mind as I have been writing about sharing and giving. I have asked myself, am I person that willingly shares my time, gifts and talents? I can sense the Spirit challenging my heart to spend some time in self-examination as I approach 2009. I do not want to become a "spiritual Scrooge" who fails to understand the blessing of sharing. I thought of another gift that we can offer this Christmas season. It the gift of our testimony. People need to hear our story of trial and triumph. Many times people can become aware of our trials but they also need to become aware of our triumphs. How long has it been since you shared a testimony of victory with someone? In a recent revival meeting we were privileged to have a large number of youth from several youth groups. I felt impressed to tell them to look around the room and realize that the room was full of people with testimonies of battles that have been won, healing that has been received, sins that have been forgiven, and miracles that God has provided for them as they walked down the road of life. Each of us have stories to tell that will bless and encourage those with whom we share them. Find an opportunity this Christmas to share your story and testify of the goodness of God. You may be amazed at the response that you will receive. We must not allow our stories to be lost in all of the "noise" of this world. Lift your voice and share your testimony with someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment