Monday, February 27, 2012

Catch Up Time

It is hard to believe that it has been over 10 days since I made a post on the blog.  I am usually more consistent than that but life does have a way of taking control and charge of our lives at any moment.  There are times in which "real life" issues can impact your intended actions and replace them with actions that are required at that moment.  Each of you who read this post can certainly identify that the above statements are completely true.  But as with all of the situations that we face in life we can rest assured that the presence of God is with us and that God will never forsake us.  I want to share a short snippet of some important events that have taken place of over the past few days.

First of all, I was given the awesome privilege of sharing the eulogy of a precious lady who was an integral part of the ministry effort of New River Worship Center.  Edna Stillwell passed away in her sleep and entered her eternal rest early on a Monday morning.  Sis. Edna was one of those "behind the scenes" people who went about serving God and serving the family of God through her gifts and talents.  Her service was without much fanfare and attention yet she fulfilled her duties with skill, care, compassion, and a great desire to do her part in the Kingdom of God.  She also was blessed with the uncanny ability to sing the right song at the right time during the Call to Worship segment of our worship service at New River.  Sis. Edna will be missed but it goes without saying that she has made a lasting impact in our lives.

Second of all, I underwent an Ablation procedure on my heart.  This procedure was necessary because of an ongoing problem that I have been having with my heart rate over the past few years.  God was in charge of the situation and the Doctor was very pleased at the success of the procedure.  I will continue the medicines for several weeks and than I will be reevaluated at the end of that time period.  I am confident that God is in charge of my life regardless of the challenges that I may face.  I believe that the above stated principle is true for anyone that will commit their journey to the will and plan of God.  I give God praise for being with me during my hospital stay and by the way I did minister on Sunday at New River Worship Center.  The anointing of the Lord was strong and very evident in the service and I am thankful for the blessings and strength that came from God.

Finally, Sunday (February 26th) was our 40th Wedding Anniversary.  Ann and I have been blessed by God to be able to have been together these years and we have been involved in Ministry all 40 of those years.  Ann has not only been my ministry mate she has been and still is my soul mate.  I am thankful that God placed her in my life.  We are thankful for the presence of God that has directed our steps from the very beginning of our introduction to one another.  We are thankful for our children, grandchildren, our parents, siblings, and extended family that has played a major role in our development as human beings as well as our walk with Christ.  We also appreciate the members of the family of God whom God has placed in our lives at very critical moments over the past 40 years.  We give God all glory and praise for all of the many blessings that He and only He has deposited in our lives.  Ann, I love you and I am grateful for the precious gift from God that you have been to me and continue to be to me and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment