Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Special Prayer for You

I read this prayer this morning by a Christian brother named Ron Allen and I thought that it was applicable to the situations that many of us are facing.  I do not want to "over spiritualize" all of the challenges of daily living that we face BUT I do believe that we have an enemy that does seek our spiritual demise and defeat.  We face a world in which people are being influenced by an evil spirit rather than the Holy Spirit.  We live in a world in which people seek to influence others through activities that are contrary to the principles of God.  How will we react to these situations?  We will choose to call on the name of the Lord and ask Him to direct our steps. 

Be blessed today as you walk in the strength of the Holy Spirit!

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 New International Version (NIV)

Dear God,
You have warned me...and I have listened. I have recognized how the devil tempts people and turns them down the wrong path.  I have seen how he manipulates people to do his will and unknowingly take part in his plan to destroy families and destroy lives.  Please, through the power of Your Holy Spirit, keep me alert and watchful against the devil's plots. Help me to recognize and resist his efforts, and to turn to You for help in all things.  May I never be used in the devil's plans, but only be a part of Your plan.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment