Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I want to digress from my normal posts and wish a Happy Valentine's Day to my wife.  This is the 40th year that my wife has been my Valentine.  I am thankful to report today that she is still my Valentine today.  In a few weeks we will celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and I fully realize that we have broken the odds that we would remain married through all of those years.  Our marriage has not always been perfect because we are human beings and we have the ability to not always do things in the right manner or right way.  I was reminded of the words of an old song yesterday and let me share a few of them with you today: "Through it all, through it all, I have learned to trust in Jesus and I have learned to trust in God..." I truly believe that each of us need to let that become the focus of our hearts and realize that all of us will face circumstances that will challenge our faith and our resolve to serve Christ.  But we have someone that is greater than us that we can lean on and someone that is greater than us to trust in during those moments.  I can report that Ann and I learned that principle many years ago and we have tried to allow that principle to direct our steps as we have walked the road of life together.  I can also report that we have found that God is a true friend who will not forsake us during those trying moments and difficult events that we have faced and will face again if Christ does not return before the completion of our life on earth.

Let us continue to place our trust in Christ and walk in the presence of His wonderful love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment