Monday, June 11, 2012

Unique Service

On Sunday evening we gathered for a time of Praise & Prayer at New River Worship Center.  I had felt impressed to lead the church in a specific time of reflection and remembrance of the wonderful and mighty things that God has supplied in our lives.  Is it possible that we fail to give God adequate praise and thanksgiving (take a moment and honestly evaluate this question)?  There are times during prayer that I just "rush" into sharing my requests and very little time and energy is invested in the offering of thanks to God.  I must ask myself, "Is this truly pleasing God and does it truly bring honor to His name?''  How can I expect results to my petitions if I have not taken time to thank God for what has already been accomplished in my life?  Take a moment and read Psalm 34.  I truly believe that God desires and deserves to be praised.  I want this post to stir your thought process concerning the need to exalt and magnify God.  God deserves to be lifted up above the powers of this world and His name deserves to be exalted.

Last night we sang songs, we offered testimonies, we shared some of our favorite scripture passages, and we told of songs that have ministered to us at various times in our lives.  It was so refreshing to hear people "share a slice of their life" with their spiritual family members.  The atmosphere of the room was  charged with emotion and passion as people shared their stories with others who were sitting in the room with them.  There were some events in which we were familiar with the facts of the situations but there were also testimonies shared about personal situations in which we were completely unaware.  But each of the testimonies possessed one common theme; the people were overcomers through the mighty presence and power of Jesus Christ.  The situations they faced had caused them to allow their faith to be released rather than be overthrown.  I will declare one more time, THERE IS POWER IN PRAISE!  Rest assured this will not be the last time that we take some time away from our "order of service" and allow the Holy Spirit to direct our hearts in worship and praise. 

Why don't you make some time in your busy schedule today and offer God the praise and thanksgiving that He deserves?  You will feel stronger when that time of praise and adoration is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment