Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Perspective

I am always amazed when God takes unique situations to teach valuable lessons that contain spiritual principles that are intended to change our perspective toward Him.  As we were celebrating Communion on Sunday morning at New River Worship Center the Spirit began to renew a revelation found in the Word of God to me.  Communion encouraged me to remember that one of the purposes of the birth of Christ was to open the door for God to draw near to each of us in a personal manner.  Do you remember that the Christ child would be called "Emmanuel" which means "God with us?"  I have read that declaration on many occasions and I have even shared that meaning in various sermons through the years but Sunday that truth became very real to me as I partook of the elements of the Sacrament.  God truly desires to draw close to each of us as we deal with the various decisions and challenges of life.  I must never forget that principle and I need to allow that principle to be revealed and received in my heart on a daily basis.  How many times has the devil told you (me) that God is not interested in us and that His presence is no where to be found in our lives?  How many times has the devil told us that God has forgotten about us as we are facing the challenges of life?  But I have come this morning to remind you that those statements are another trick of the deceiver.  The enemy seeks to fill your mind with lies that will pull you away from God but the Spirit is at work reminding us that He is as "close as the mention of His name."  In faith we can call on God at any moment and at any time because He truly seeks to draw near to each of us.  Thank you Holy Spirit for reminding me of one of the wonderful promises of the Word of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment