Monday, October 1, 2012

People in Need

The last few days of this past week found me sitting in some hospital waiting rooms with families who were facing a health issue with a family member. I looked around the room and the words of an old song immediately came into my mind. The words of the song make this statement, "People need the Lord...". I know that people need the Lord in a relationship that produces salvation but people also need the Lord as they face the challenges of daily living. I observed a room full of people of various ages. I observed a room full of people of various socio-economic and educational levels of position in society. I observed a room full of people of various "religious" beliefs. I observed a room full of people who were surrounded by a large support group but there were those people sitting all alone waiting for their visit from the Doctor once the procedure was completed. Why am I going into so much detail you may ask? I believe that we are prone to forget the need of others and only focus on our own personal set of needs. But we must remember that " people need the Lord." We must remember that we need the Lord. We must also remember that God cares about each and every individual person and what they may be facing. Take a moment today and remind yourself that you are not the only person facing a challenge. There are other people who need the help of the Lord as much as you do. This attitude allows us to release compassion toward our fellow man which leads us to offer sincere prayer for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment