Monday, January 7, 2013

Prayer

This past week was very busy and my time spent in writing on the blog was interrupted by the need of other ministry opportunities.  I trust that your time of Prayer and Fasting is proving beneficial to your journey with Christ.  In my opinion these times of intercession are meant to strengthen our personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Yesterday I spoke about the need for Introspection and not Inspection.  It is easier to inspect the lives of other people rather than take the time and make the effort to allow the Spirit to explore the depths of our heart and soul.  Each of us are in need of the Spirit to do His full and complete work in our hearts.  Each of us need to make ourselves available to God and allow Him the opportunity to work His plan in our heart.  I am seeking to do my best to allow that to take place in my heart as well as encouraging you to allow the Spirit to work in your hearts.
 
I read a prayer by Bro. Ron Allen a few days ago and that prayer spoke to my heart.  I would like to share that with you today as we continue our journey of seeking after the heart of God.
 
"Dear God,

Please forgive me. I sometimes look at those I see and get frustrated by the way they are. Some are angry and act ugly. Others have no desire to do what is right. Some just want to "party" and live like the world all the time. Some are lazy. Some are hurting and holding on to bitterness. I don't always understand why they are that way. Then I, in my frustration, become angry and grumble. Forgive me for my ungodly attitudes and complaining. I am sorry. Help me to see the potential in others and to pray for them more and criticize them less. I pray that through my prayers to you and through my Christian testimony and example and through my words and deeds, these people would come to know you or come back and lay their issues on the altar. I pray that we all will lift our burdens to you and drop them at your feet, so that you can take them away and guide us in the way everlasting. Please relieve our griefs and burdens and replace them with your peace. Please bless us as we serve you. Please help us and pick us help when we stumble. Thank you for your mercies. In Jesus' name I pray, amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment