Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spiritual Development


“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1, NIV)

Our spiritual growth in our relationship with God is meant to develop on a daily basis. God has provided believers with the support "tools" or disciplines that will assist us in the process of this development. It is our responsibility to apply these tools or disciplines to our daily lives.  Let us remind ourselves of one of the spiritual tools that God has provided for us. Nurture your spiritual development (growth) with God’s Word — I know that many of us are already putting this spiritual discipline into daily practice. But when you read the promises of God, again and again, it helps you remember that He is at work, even when you can’t see him at work in your life. I read that statement in a devotional a few days ago and found that it was an encouragement to me.  I was blessed to realize that the Spirit is always at work in the affairs of mankind.  There are days that I recognize the presence of God more than I do other days. There are days I sense my spiritual progress more than I do other days. But the promise of Hebrews 11 reminds me that faith encourages me to keep looking to God to fulfill and complete His work in my life. Place your hope and confidence in the promises of God and trust Him to direct your daily walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment