Monday, September 8, 2014

Giving Care

I may need to re-introduce myself since I have taken such a lengthy time away from making any posts on the blog. My priorities as well as my schedule has had to be adjusted due to the fact that my wife underwent surgery at Vanderbilt hospital on August 26th. Her recovery is going well and we are thankful for the progress that she is making. The faithfulness of God can be recognized at all of the junctures of our journey if we will just take the time to notice His presence. We have seen the Hand of God in many ways over the past few weeks since it was determined that she needed surgery so that we could get to the root of her health issue. But even in our trials and difficulties we can sense the direction of God as He places the right people in our path to assist us. We have seen those blessings first-hand as we have traveled this road and we just offer God a shout of praise for His awesome Grace and Mercy.

But I must move on to the thoughts that God has placed in my heart over the past few days. God has reminded me of the responsibility that "caregivers" have to assume when they face an illness in their family. I have been blessed in the fact that my caregiver duties have been simple in comparison to some of the responsibilities that others face on a daily basis. I have been privileged to know many "caregivers" in my time as a Pastor. I have marveled at the strength that these individuals have exhibited during very difficult and trying times in their lives as well as the lives of their family. I have been able to have the privilege to attempt to minister to these ladies and gentleman when in reality they were teaching me the true heart of ministry and servanthood. 

I want to take a moment and honor those individuals today who serve as the primary caregiver to their loved one. I have seen these caregivers of all ages, all races, different sexes, different educational backgrounds, different employment expertise as well as different levels of medical training. BUT THERE WAS ONE COMMON CHARACTERISTIC; they cared for the individual and they were motivated through and with a heart of love and concern for the well-being of that individual. Some of these caregivers see their "patient" recover and see their health restored. But there are those other caregivers who faithfully minister to those individuals until they take their final breath on the earth. 

I WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT AND SAY THANK YOU TO ALL OF THOSE BRAVE AND CARING INDIVIDUALS WHO TAKE TIME TO OFFER CARE AND CONCERN TO OTHERS IN THEIR TIME OF NEED!!! You may know of someone who is serving as a caregiver to a family member today. What don't you take the time to thank them for their service and let them know that their heart of care and concern is a blessing to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment