Friday, September 26, 2014

Is There Anything too Hard for God?

Jeremiah 32:26-27, "Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying, 27 “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" (NJKV)

This passage of scripture was placed in my heart this morning as I was praying through the prayer requests that had been shared with me. These prayer requests also included my need to draw closer to God through my relationship with Him. I was reminded of some of the strategies of the enemy that seeks to hinder the desire that God has placed in my heart. BUT IMMEDIATELY the Spirit reminded me of this promise that Jeremiah declared during a time in which the people of God were facing their own set of challenges. God declares through the mouth and words of Jeremiah, "Is there anything (emphasis added) too hard for Me?" My Spirit was strengthened and energized when I realized that there is absolutely nothing that is too difficult for God to handle. 

But the question arises, "Why does the enemy seek to bring doubt into our hearts when we have evidence all around us that says otherwise?" I can relate thousands of testimonies (I almost used the word "stories" but I realized that I am talking about TRUE TESTIMONIES of people that I personally know) in which the greatness of God's ability and power was demonstrated. The question should be, "How can I doubt Jeremiah 32:27 when I take a good look at the evidence that has been presented to me through these 43 plus years of Ministerial service?" 

Let us remember not to doubt but to trust in the awesomeness of God and to place our confidence in the promises of His Word. Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Emphasis added)

Testimony: I received a call from one of the ladies from our community of believers on Tuesday of this week. A few weeks ago her 93 year old husband had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. They sent him to have several tests run to confirm their diagnosis. They visited the Doctor on Monday. He reported that they could not find A TUMOR ON HIS BRAIN! Once again I ask, "Is there anything too hard for God?" The lady went to the Doctor confident because she had placed her faith in God. Her son asked her, "Mom, how did you know that Dad would be all right?" She declared very plainly and simply, "Because I had prayed and I had asked others to pray." "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment