Friday, September 19, 2014

Prayers for Others

There is a song that we sing from time to time in church. I began singing some of the words this morning at the close of my prayer time. I sang these following words and I believe they are close to the ones that we sing during our time of worship in song.

"My life is in You, Lord,
My hope is in You, Lord,
My strength is in You, Lord,
It is in You, It is in You..."

Those words are so true when we look at the reality of life and the challenges that we face on a daily basis. Life is full of surprises both good as well as bad. We enjoy our share of blessings but we also face our share of trials. We rejoice during a time of victory and we intercede during a time of struggle. But at the end of the day we realize that our life, hope, strength is truly in the Lord. He is the Provider of all that we need.

Prayer time this morning served as another reminder that I need to pray for others as well as pray for myself and the needs of those people who are a part of my immediate family. Is it possible that we can become "selfish" in our prayer time and forget about the needs that others are facing? It is entirely possible that the needs of others can be greater than the needs that we are facing at this point in our life. Let us be compassionate and remember to pray for others as well as pray for ourselves.

I have challenged the New River congregation to pray for the children, youth and young adults who are in school, college, or some other form of educational training. We all identify that these individuals are VERY IMPORTANT TO GOD and that He is aware of their daily challenges. I would like to share with you some of the points that I have asked our congregation to pray about on a daily basis.

1) Pray for the student's choice of friends.
2) Pray for the students to make good life choices/decisions.
3) Pray for the students to be motivated and challenged to seek to excel in their educational process.
4) Pray for the Educators and Support Staff of each school.
5) Pray for safety on the school properties (both individual as well as corporate).

I invite you to join with us in this pray endeavour for this school year. These individuals are worth your investment of time in prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment