Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015: Beginning with Prayer

Psalm 27:7-9
"Hear, O Lordwhen I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation." (NKJV)

Many of us are sensing the need for the church to pray and seek after the heart of God for this generation. Many of us are hearing God call us to prayer, meditation, reflection and yes, even fasting. Many of us understand that the call of God is awaiting a response from each of us. We fully understand that the times in which we are living are demanding a response. But the greater question can be expressed in these words; "Will I (we) respond to that call? 

Leaders of Church Organizations as well as Para-church organizations are calling for a time of Prayer and Fasting as we begin 2015. I concur with and support their call to prayer. I am asking God to send a another Spiritual Awakening to His people. In my opinion there are many believers who have drifted into a state of "spiritual sleep." They are unaware of their surroundings and unaware of the subtle attacks of the enemy. We must be alert to the tactics of satan and we must we aware of his attempts to dismantle, overthrow and overwhelm our faith and courage. I still believe that we can win the battle against the foes of darkness. 

I am choosing to respond to God with actions rather than just words. "My heart said to You, Your face, Lord I will seek."

Will you join with me in that call through an active response to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment